Twitter has 321 million active users and is a great place to be posting your social content to. Here are a few statistics about Twitter to help you understand why you should be using it as part of your social strategy.
1. 500 million people visit Twitter each month without logging in
So people could be seeing your content without you following them or they following you.
2. 80% of active user access the site via a mobile device
We all know that mobile is important and this stat backs that up. When posting to Twitter make sure that you consider that people might be viewing on a small screen.
3. 79% of accounts are held outside of the USA
There are a lot of people on Twitter outside of the USA (about 256 million) so when posting consider this. If it is important to your business could you be posting in a language other than English for example?
4. 83% of the world’s leaders are on Twitter
US president Donald Trump is now famous for his tweets quite often setting out his policy and agenda via this medium rather than the more normal channels.
5. 24.6% of verified accounts are journalists
Accounts that have been verified by Twitter are given a blue tick to ensure that you can easily recognise them. A full quarter of these are held by journalists.
6. Tweets with video attract 6x more engagement
People love video and it is attention grabbing. If you really want people to engage with your tweets consider including a short video (max 2 minutes and 20 seconds) and really see it fly.
7. Tweets with images attract 150% more retweets
Similarly pictures paint a 1,000 words and so think about including one along with your text.